- Project design and strategy optimisation based on years of experience in creating both simple and complex alleles.
- Supply/production of relevant reagents.
- Choice of a broad range of techniques, according to the required genetic alteration. These include classical gene targeting, genome editing using CRISPR/Cas9 in early embryos, CRISPR-aided targeting in embryonic stem cells, or additive transgenesis to generate the validated mouse.
- Allele types include tags, knock-ins, reporter and recombinase expressors, humanisation, inducible overexpression systems, large-scale deletions or duplication.
- Full validation of the genetic sequence of the mutant allele.
- Further functional validation of transgenes. This includes the option of mutant transcript quantification and recombinase activity profiling.
- We also offer the characterisation of copy number and point of insertion of transgenes obtained by additive transgenesis.
The Mary Lyon Centre (MLC) at MRC Harwell
The Mary Lyon Centre (MLC) at MRC Harwell is the UK’s national facility for mouse genetics and the use of mouse models for the study of human disease. Our specialised services include the generation and phenotyping of genetically altered mice.